Kiilto is a family-owned company based in Finland with over a hundred years of history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in the fields of construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness and commitment to the future. Our operations span 9 countries, and we employ around 800 people. In 2022, the group's net sales amounted to 260 M€. www.kiilto.com
Our Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) unit in Lempäälä is looking for a
Head of Laboratory Team for the Construction business area.
In this role, you will have an operational leadership position of our RDI lab team for the construction (CON) business. You will work in close collaboration with the Head of RDI CON, who has the strategic leadership role in RDI construction, with the RDI engineers and RDI assistants reporting directly to you. Together with RDI managers and other stakeholders, such as the Product Safety department, you will control the operations of the RDI CON Lab Team. You will report to the RDI Director. You will work closely with the Construction Business Area Director and the Product Management team, as well as our other RDI units and other Kiilto functions. You will manage and work with development projects as a project lead in close cooperation with internal stakeholders and customers.
Together with the entire Kiilto RDI unit, your lab team will create solutions which enable Kiilto to achieve its ambitious targets in terms of growth and environmental leadership. The keywords along the way are green innovations, services and digitalisation. Your team is responsible for the practical development work of our new product, solution and innovation pipeline, which includes both incremental and radical innovations. You will explore and identify new technologies, with a view to applying them to help our customers enhance their business and also the laboratory work in Kiilto. Depending on your experience and interests, the role could include product-specific responsibilities. The location of this job is in Lempäälä, but some travel will be required.
You will be a key contributor influencing the future of the Kiilto Construction business, making it more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Ideal background for this job:
- Master’s degree or equivalent (mandatory requirement) in the field of material science, civil engineering or chemistry.
- A proven leadership track record to steer your team in a manner that develops individuals and promotes collaboration.
- You are familiar with basic R&D work, advancement of new innovations including green innovations and have experience in working in an RDI function.
- You have a good understanding of chemistry in order to manage and discuss fluently the ongoing projects and our existing products.
- As you manage and work with development projects, project management skills and experience will be considered an asset.
- You have good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and influence successfully.
- To succeed in this role, you should have skills to focus on what is essential and to prioritise.
- A basic understanding and experience of the construction business and product environment would be an advantage.
- Fluent communication in English and Finnish, other languages (such as Swedish) are considered an asset.
At Kiilto, you will be working with a growing and international, but down-to-earth family business. Kiiltonians appreciate our long-term perspective, open and transparent company culture, the Kiiltonian team spirit and versatile opportunities to acquire new skills and grow alongside the company. We organise internal innovation programmes and encourage Kiiltonians to develop their skills through our own training programmes. We are especially proud of our award-winning activities that promote the well-being of our employees. For example, we have been awarded the 'Finland's Most Active Workplace' certificate twice.
Do you want to be part of our community? Do not hesitate to apply. The last day to apply is 27 August 2023. Please apply here and attach a self-introduction via a one-minute video alongside your salary request and CV.
For further details on the position, please contact
- RDI Director Soilikki Kotanen, +358 50 486 2833, on 11 August between 9 and 11 EET or on 16 August between 14 and 16 EET or on 21 August between 13 and 15 EET
- Head of RDI CON Joonas Kupiainen, +358 400 579 627, on 15 August between 9 and 13 EET or on 18 August between 12 and 15 EET.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto’s recruitment process and treat all communications related to the posting with absolute confidentiality. We also ask that applicants reserve 30 August and 1 September as possible interview dates, but please note that we might contact and meet potential candidates during the application period. The selected candidate will need to pass a health check, which includes drug testing.