Limestone builds up in a dishwasher due to water hardness elements. Deposits must be removed regularly because only a limescale-free dishwasher will ensure clean dishes. Descaling also extends the service life of a dishwasher. Descaling requires an acidic detergent such as Kiilto Kalk which has been developed for professional kitchens.
Read here how to do descaling correctly.
- Empty the dishwasher. Put the overflow tubes, used as drain valves, in place.
- Pour some undiluted Kiilto Kalk cleaner carefully on the areas with limescale. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Brush the worst deposit areas with a rough brush or scourer. (Do not use steel wool.)
- Fill the dishwasher with water. Add 5 litres of Kiilto Kalk per 100 litres of water (5 L / 100 L). Remember to prevent the dispensing of dishwasher detergent if possible.
- Let the dishwasher run for 5-10 minutes. The acidic solution will also clean the interior of tubes and nozzles.
- Empty the tanks. If necessary, you can brush the dishwasher surfaces. Rinse the inside of the dishwasher carefully by spraying lukewarm water from a hose. Pay particular attention to the loading, drying and unloading areas of conveyor dishwashers.
- Fill the dishwasher in the normal way and let the machine run for 5-10 minutes to boost the cleaning process and to neutralise possible acid residue. You can then start washing the dishes or empty the tanks and switch off the machine.
We also offer a descaling service for professional dishwashers. Contact your regional cleanliness and hygiene specialist and get a quotation.
An effective cleaning product and the right tools make cleaning easy. Daily cleaning of a dishwasher reduces the need for more thorough cleaning.