Kiilto has been shaping the future since 1919, and this is your chance to be part of it as we are looking for a Purchaser with extensive experience in procurement. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing and increasingly international group. The position will be in our purchasing team, where you will work as a part of an experienced team managing your own categories of materials. You will work within both the Professional Hygiene and Consumer Goods business areas.
Kiilto manufactures chemical products for professional and consumer hygiene in our factories in Finland, Denmark and Sweden. Our purchasing team works in close cooperation with fellow Kiiltonians as well as suppliers and partners from different countries.
You will be in charge of designated professional and consumer purchase categories, such as packaging materials, raw materials and dosing equipment, and the related development projects. You will independently take charge of supplier evaluation, negotiations, purchase planning, order processing and claims handling. As an integral part of your duties, you will build up and maintain active supplier relations and be in charge of creating and managing the contracts you are responsible for. Even though this role is independent, you will work closely with colleagues in product development, production and the commercial organisations. Your active contribution and expertise are needed, as our procurement is heading towards international processes by renewing and continuously developing our purchasing activities.
You will be based in Turku, but in line with our flexible hybrid working model a certain amount of remote working is also possible. The work involves travelling a few times a year, both in Finland and abroad.
You will fit into the Kiilto community if you are an active and development-oriented person and tick the following boxes:
- Experience in procurement and project work – To thrive in this role, you have experience in the field of direct procurement. You have worked with product development projects and know how to take on your role in them. As we are developing our procurement processes to be more international, we expect you to have experience in working in an international procurement set-up.
- Negotiation skills – You have experience in cost negotiations with Finnish and international suppliers and can independently negotiate and challenge suppliers.
- Contracting – You have the skills to draft procurement-related documents in both Finnish and English.
- ICT and system skills – You have experience in using some relevant supply-chain management system, including ERP and S&OP related tools.
- Supply chain know-how – You understand the operating principles of international supply chains and have experience in how procurement, as an integral part of the supply chain, can create efficiency and stability in processes.
- If you are open, systematic and trustworthy, you’re definitely one of us! Your analytical problem solving skills enable you to succeed as part of our international team.
- Education – A degree in a relevant field, such as a bachelor of business administration, economics or engineering.
- Collaboration – You enjoy collaboration with other experts, understand the meaning of communication and find it rewarding to succeed together.
- Language skills – You are fluent in Finnish and English, since you will be working as a part of both local and international teams.
- Environmental awareness – Our aim is to be the forerunner in our field of business when it comes to environmental matters. Therefore, we hope you are equally dedicated to a more environmentally friendly future.
A workplace that cares
Kiilto is a family-like community with approximately 800 professionals of different backgrounds working in nine countries. Our work atmosphere is easygoing, positive, and we genuinely care about the wellbeing of our employees. As proof of this, we have received multiple awards as the most active workplace in Finland.
In addition, we care about you by providing the following:
- The possibility of hybrid work
- A rare combination of stability and great growth: Kiilto has been awarded for its long-term success and growth in Kauppalehti's Success-list. Kiilto’s achievement of being included among both the 10-year Enduring Achiever and Growth companies is extremely rare: well under one percent of Finnish limited liability companies reach both.
- Thanks to our low, agile organisational structure, you have a genuine opportunity to innovate and develop operations and create initiatives.
- We take wellbeing seriously! We are the most active workplace in Finland, offering a wide range of opportunities to maintain your well-being through break-up sessions, fitness testing, hobbies, and supported sport events.
- Access to target bonus, incentive fund, and initiative bonus.
- You have great opportunities to further train yourself within the company. We offer internal training programmes and education.
- On top of these, we offer our employees benefits including extensive occupational health care, an e-pass, care services if a child is ill, occupational physiotherapy services, lunch benefits, and a bicycle benefit or shared electric bikes.
If you got this far, continue reading for just a bit more
Do you want to be part of our community in Turku? Don’t hesitate to apply. The last day to apply is 12 May 2023. Please attach an introduction of yourself with a one-minute video. Also attach your salary request, CV and application letter.
For further information about the position, please contact our Head of Procurement Nina Breilin at +358 50 480 3389. Please call between 3 pm and 4 pm EET either on 27 April, 3 May or 10 May.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto’s recruitment process and treat all contacts concerning the post with absolute confidentiality. The selected candidate will need to pass a health check, which includes drug testing.
KiiltoClean Oy is part of Kiilto, a family-owned company from Finland, with over a hundred-year history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in four business areas: construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene, and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness, and commitment to the future. We operate in 9 countries and employ around 800 people. In 2021 group's net sales amounted to 261 M€. www.kiilto.com