Kiilto is a family-owned company based in Finland with over a hundred years of history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in the fields of construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness and commitment to the future. Our operations span 9 countries, and we employ around 800 people. In 2022, the group’s net sales amounted to 260 M€. www.kiilto.com
Kiilto is now looking for an enthusiastic and development-oriented
As Data Controller, your task will be to support the planning of our ERP modernisation project by ensuring the success of the phase involving the creation of a unified data model and process descriptions for key processes.
Your most valuable asset is your enthusiasm for data modelling and your understanding of the key processes in an industrial environment. You are able to quickly obtain an overall understanding of the existing processes and, based on that, define the target state for the development of the key processes in co-operation with the other members of the project team. You will also participate in the creation of a data governance model and the defining of roles and responsibilities related to data governance. In this role, you will tackle problems and find solutions to make our operations more efficient. You will be part of our multinational finance team and collaborate with all company functions in all the countries in which Kiilto operates.
The location of this position is Turku, Finland, and it will be possible to work remotely for a few days a week. The position is temporary for approximately 12 months based on the estimated duration of the project. You will report to the Business Controller of KiiltoClean Group.
Main tasks and duties:
- Defining a target state for the key process based on the One Kiilto approach, taking account of the requirements of the countries and the group
- Defining a unified data model for the new ERP system
- Participating in the creation of a data governance model
- Defining the company’s key processes, which are mainly related to finance, the supply chain as well as sales and marketing
- Assessing the business benefits and new functionalities
Skills and experience required for the successful performance of the role:
- Forward-looking, positive attitude and strong analytical, problem-solving and system skills
- Proactive/independent work style and good people skills
- Strong interaction and communication skills in Finnish and English (both spoken and written)
- At least 3–5 years of experience in challenging data architecture and processes
- Appropriate university degree (e.g. Master’s degree in economics)
- Work experience in and an understanding of industrial processes
At Kiilto, you will be working with a growing and international, but down-to-earth family business. Kiiltonians appreciate our long-term perspective, open and transparent company culture, the Kiiltonian team spirit and versatile opportunities to acquire new skills and grow alongside the company. We organise internal innovation programmes and encourage Kiiltonians to develop their skills through our own training programmes. We are especially proud of our award-winning activities that promote the well-being of our employees. For example, we have been awarded the ‘Finland’s Most Active Workplace’ certificate twice.
Do you want to be part of our community? Do not hesitate to apply. The last day to apply is 1 October 2023. Please apply here and attach a self-introduction via a one-minute video alongside your salary request and CV.
For further details on the position, please contact Business Controller Pasi Palken, +358 400 719085 on 15th of Sep between 13-14 EET or 20th of Sep between 9-10 EET.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto’s recruitment process and treat all communications related to the posting with absolute confidentiality. We also ask that applicants reserve 9 October as possible interview dates, but please note that we might contact and meet potential candidates during the application period. The selected candidate will need to pass a health check, which includes drug testing.