Careful maintenance cleaning is always important and affects the wellbeing of the users of the premises, both in terms of health and pleasantness.
During the coronavirus pandemic, the disinfection of important surfaces and meeting points is especially necessary. Viruses can remain on surfaces for up to several hours or days, depending on the type of virus, the material of the surfaces, and the temperature and air humidity.
When the restrictions imposed during the coronavirus pandemic are being removed and people are once again more mobile and increasingly using wellness services, it is important to ensure a sufficient level of hygiene. This requires the right equipment and products. In wellness facilities, special attention must be paid to the cleanliness of the treatment room and toilet facilities.
Hygienic cleaning of treatment rooms
- Contact surfaces such as door handles and door frames, surfaces of furniture and edges, and payment terminals can be cleaned with ready-to-use Kiilto Superquick Spurt. Moisten the towel with the detergent and wipe the surface clean. Next, disinfect the surfaces by moistening a clean towel with ready-to-use Kiilto Easydes Spray and wiping the surfaces again. A blue Prima microfibre towel for short-term use is suitable for this task.
- The handbasin of the treatment room should also be cleaned and disinfected. Wet the surfaces of the handbasin and the taps with a detergent solution of Kiilto Superquick Spurt and brush the surfaces clean. Rinse with clean water. Finish off the surfaces with a towel. Disinfect the taps and edges of the handbasin by moistening a clean towel with Kiilto Easydes Spray or Tevan Panox 200 and wiping them.
- Other treatment room surfaces and the floor can be cleaned with ready-to-use Kiilto Superquick Spurt. Moisten the towel with the detergent and wipe the surface clean. A Prima microfibre towel for short-term use is suitable for this task.
Cleaning of toilet facilities
- The contact surfaces of toilet facilities must be cleaned and disinfected. Moisten a towel with ready-to-use Kiilto Superquick Spurt detergent and wipe the surface clean. Next, disinfect the surfaces by moistening a clean towel with Kiilto Desichlor solution and wiping the surfaces again. A red Prima microfibre towel for short-term use is suitable for this task. The suitable dosage of Kiilto Desichlor is 1,000 ppm, i.e. 50 ml per 950 ml of cold water.
- Toilet fixtures are cleaned and disinfected. Moisten the inner surfaces with Kiilto Superquick Spurt cleaner solution. Brush the surfaces clean, using a red brush for the handbasin and a toilet brush for the toilet bowl. Wipe the surfaces of the handbasin and toilet bowl with a towel dampened with detergent, working from the cleanest to the dirtiest areas. Disinfect the inside surfaces of the fixtures with Kiilto Desichlor solution and wipe the outside surfaces again with a clean dampened cloth. A red Prima microfibre towel for short-term use and a red Prima dishwashing brush and a toilet brush are suitable for these tasks.
- For flat surfaces and floor surfaces in toilet facilities, careful cleaning with Kiilto Superquick Spurt is sufficient. Moisten the towel with the detergent and wipe the surface clean. A red Prima microfibre towel for short-term use is suitable for flat surfaces, and a blue Prima microfibre towel is suitable for the floor.
In addition, remember to protect yourself during cleaning and use disposable gloves. After removing protective gloves, the hands and forearms must be thoroughly washed with warm water and soap, for example, Erisan Soap. Disinfectants that are effective against the coronavirus and other viruses that have a protein shell include Erisan Käsihuuhde, Käsidesi and Erisan Etasept. Healthy skin is the best protection against pathogens, and regular skin hydration helps keep the hands supple and maintains the protectiveness of the skin’s lipid layer. Erisan Protect or Erisan Hydra Cream, for example, are suitable for this.