Kiilto is a family-owned company based in Finland with over a hundred years of history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in the fields of construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness and commitment to the future. Our operations span 9 countries, and we employ around 800 people. In 2022, the group's net sales amounted to 260 M€. www.kiilto.com
Our Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) unit in Lempäälä is looking for an
RDI Manager for the Construction business area.
We are strengthening our expert team in the area of wet room and flooring solutions. Our wet room solutions include all the surface layers on the concrete floor or wall in the bathroom including cement- and polymer-based chemistries. The focus in the development of our flooring solutions is in cement-based layers. In this RDI manager role, you will manage and work with development projects in close cooperation with internal stakeholders and customers. To thrive in this position, you will collaborate fluently in diverse business environments, and are able to turn ideas into profitable commercial solutions. Understanding of cement-based chemistry, polymer chemistry, and construction business is considered an advantage
You will be a perfect fit for the Kiilto community if you have most of the following strengths:
- Can-do attitude – You are willing to give it everything you’ve got, whether it’s a customer meeting or a trial, formulating novel solutions or working in the lab.
- Technical skills – We would prefer experience in cement- or polymer-based solutions for construction applications and an overall understanding of the construction business.
- Education – You have a Master’s degree or equivalent in material science, chemistry or civil engineering.
- Start-up spirit – You are capable of producing innovative ideas and developing them into practical applications.
- The customer is king – A customer-oriented attitude makes you successful in implementing new solutions, spiced up with commercial understanding.
- Language skills – You are fluent in English and Finnish.
- Passion for the environment – You want to make choices for a better future and to take sustainability into consideration in everything you do.
Typical tasks for a RDI Manager, Construction, at Kiilto
- Strategic follow-up of designated product and business area for technical development
- Recipe responsibility of agreed products
- Product project execution including recipe formulation, laboratory testing and customer trials
- Being part of basic research in the field, for example university research projects or co-innovation projects
- Support to production, purchasing, sales and product management
- Internal and external information sharing and training
- Other relevant RDI tasks
This job is located in Lempäälä, although some travel is also required.
At Kiilto, you will be working with a growing and international, but down-to-earth family business. Kiiltonians appreciate our long-term perspective, open and transparent company culture, the Kiiltonian team spirit and versatile opportunities to acquire new skills and grow alongside the company. We organise internal innovation programmes and encourage Kiiltonians to develop their skills through our own training programmes. We are especially proud of our award-winning activities that promote the well-being of our employees. For example, we have been awarded the 'Finland's Most Active Workplace' certificate twice.
Do you want to be part of our community? Do not hesitate to apply. The last day to apply is 27 August 2023. Please apply here and attach a self-introduction via a one-minute video alongside your salary request and CV.
For further details on the position, please contact Head of RDI CON Joonas Kupiainen, +358 400 579 627, on 15 August between 9 and 13 EET or on 18 August between 12 and 15 EET.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto’s recruitment process and treat all communications related to the posting with absolute confidentiality. We also ask that applicants reserve 29 August and 4 September as possible interview dates, but please note that we might contact and meet potential candidates during the application period. The selected candidate will need to pass a health check, which includes drug testing.