Are you passionate about sustainability? Do you want to constantly search and identify phenomena, market problems and solutions that have the ability to impact some of the largest global issues we face today?
Built environment is responsible for nearly 40% of global GHG emissions and is one of the industries going through a huge transition towards sustainability. That is why we have a great vision to have an impact on more sustainable future of the built environment: SUPER Healthy Buildings. Have you already heard about it? This is our passion now and this poses an opportunity for the impact minded people to create something bigger that will help also future generations. You can read more about it from here.
Therefore, our Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) unit in Lempäälä is looking for an
RDI manager for the Construction business area
to help us to reach our ambitious sustainability targets.
We are strengthening our expert team in the area of cement-based chemistry solutions in Construction business. For example, our wet room solutions include all the surface layers on the concrete floor or wall in the bathroom including cement- and polymer-based chemistries. The focus in the development of our solutions is in cement-based layers or adhesives. In this RDI manager role, you will manage and work with development projects in close cooperation with internal stakeholders and customers. As RDI Manager you will also be in a significant role in SUPER Healthy Buildings. To thrive in this position, you will collaborate fluently in diverse business environments, and are able to turn ideas into profitable commercial solutions. Understanding of cement-based chemistry and construction business is considered an advantage
You will be a perfect fit for the Kiilto community if you have most of the following strengths:
- Passion for the environment – You want to make choices for a better future and to take sustainability into consideration in everything you do.
- Can-do attitude – You are willing to give it everything you’ve got, whether it’s a customer meeting or a trial, formulating novel solutions or working in the lab.
- Technical skills – We would prefer experience in cement- or polymer-based solutions for construction applications and an overall understanding of the construction business.
- Education – You have a Master’s degree or equivalent in material science, chemistry, inorganic chemistry or civil engineering.
- Start-up spirit – You are capable of producing innovative ideas and developing them into practical applications.
- The customer is king – A customer-oriented attitude makes you successful in implementing new solutions, spiced up with commercial understanding.
- Language skills – You are fluent in English and Finnish.
Typical tasks for a RDI Manager, Construction, at Kiilto
- Strategic follow-up of designated product and business area for technical development
- Recipe responsibility of agreed products
- Product project execution including recipe formulation, laboratory testing and customer trials
- Being part of basic research in the field, for example university research projects or co-innovation projects
- Support to production, purchasing, sales and product management
- Internal and external information sharing and training
- Other relevant RDI tasks
This job is located in Lempäälä, although some travel is also required.
At Kiilto, you will be working with a growing and international, but down-to-earth family business. Kiiltonians appreciate our long-term perspective, open and transparent company culture, the Kiiltonian team spirit and versatile opportunities to acquire new skills and grow alongside the company. We organise internal innovation programmes and encourage Kiiltonians to develop their skills through our own training programmes. We are especially proud of our award-winning activities that promote the well-being of our employees. For example, we have been awarded the 'Finland's Most Active Workplace' certificate twice.
Do you want to be part of our community? Do not hesitate to apply. The last day to apply is 7 November 2023. Please apply here and also attach a self-introduction via a one-minute video alongside your salary request and CV.
If you want to hear more details on the position, please contact Head of RDI CON Joonas Kupiainen, +358 400 579 627, on 30 October between 12.00 and 14.00 EET or on 6 November between 9.00 and 11.00 EET.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto’s recruitment process and treat all communications related to the posting with absolute confidentiality. We will organise the interviews for the role during the week 46. The selected candidate will need to pass a health check, which includes drug testing.
Kiilto is a family-owned company based in Finland with over a hundred years of history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in construction, industrial adhesives, fireproofing, professional hygiene, and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness, and commitment to the future. Our operations span 9 countries, and we employ around 800 people. In 2022, the group's net sales amounted to 260 M€. www.kiilto.com