Are you passionate about sustainability? Do you want to constantly search and identify market problems and solutions that have the ability to impact some of the largest global issues we face today? Are you already an entrepreneur, one in the making or dreaming of becoming one in the future?
Built environment is responsible for nearly 40% of global GHG emissions and is one of the industries going through a huge transition towards sustainability. This poses an opportunity for the impact minded people to create something bigger that will help also future generations.
Kiilto Ventures actively looks for ways to tackle global challenges from climate change to circularity via active discovery and incubation. Therefore, we are looking for an Entrepreneur in Residence who shares our passion for sustainability and livability of the built environment and wants to build the next impact venture(s) with us.
- Work directly with wider Kiilto organization to understand market problems and ideas
- Maintain an "innovation never stops" mentality between Kiilto Ventures and Kiilto team
- Take ownership in selecting existing market problems we have identified or bring in your own
- Actively work the market to understand the size of the problems and potential solutions
- Use our current network and expand it actively to validate the ideas in real life situations
- Adjust and re-iterate the solution based on current and future customer needs
- Find opportunities and solutions to be spinned off as own businesses that you either run or help us incubate
- Work with Kiilto Ventures team to improve the discovery & incubation processes, so we can do even better in the future
- You already have existing operational experience from startup, accelerator, management consulting or similar environment
- You are familiar with the early startup journey from discovery to incubation and beyond
- You have existing knowledge and experience in the fields of sustainability, technology or business development. Experience within the built environment is an advantage.
- You have proven track record of project ownership and leadership with exceptional end results
- You want to become an entrepreneur one day
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken
- You are a doer who is not afraid to pick up the phone when needed and who wants to be hands on in the market understanding pain points and figuring out solutions
- You are highly analytic, able to dive deep into numbers without forgetting the big picture
- You are not afraid to take initiative and drive projects forward
- You communicate naturally internally, with customers or in the center of the stage at an event
No matter if you already have an idea for a business or not, we are excited to speak with you. We believe that the right people have the ability to solve the right problems.
There are multiple potential development paths for the role ranging from continuing the early-stage innovation & discovery work with Kiilto Ventures or as mentioned above, founding an own business together with Kiilto Ventures. There could be also future opportunities on the Kiilto Ventures investment functions.
The job is ideally located in Helsinki Finland, but for the right candidate we are happy to discuss the opportunity of working from one of the other Kiilto locations.
A workplace that cares
At Kiilto, you will be working with a growing and international, but down-to-earth family business. Kiiltonians appreciate our long-term perspective, open and transparent company culture, the Kiiltonian team spirit and versatile opportunities to acquire new skills and grow alongside the company. We organise internal innovation programmes and encourage Kiiltonians to develop their skills through our own training programmes. We are especially proud of our award-winning activities that promote the well-being of our employees. For example, we have been awarded the 'Finland's Most Active Workplace' certificate twice.
If you got this far, continue reading for just a bit more
The last day to apply is 19 October 2023. Please apply here and attach an introduction of yourself with a one-minute video. Also attach your application with salary request and CV.
For further information about the position, please contact Head of Kiilto Ventures Matti Rönkkö at +358 40 6280 999 on Tuesday 10th or Thursday 12th of October between 3 and 7pm.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto's recruitment process and treat all communications related to the posting with absolute confidentiality. We will start to contact potential candidates during the application period and ask applicants to reserve 20 October 2023 as possible interview date. The selected candidate will need to pass a health check, which includes drug testing.
About Kiilto Ventures
Kiilto Ventures is the VC arm of Kiilto, a Finnish family-owned company aiming to be an environmental leader in its field of business. Kiilto Ventures was born in 2019 to personify the same startup spirit as its parent company, which was founded over 100 years ago.
Kiilto Ventures is building and funding early-stage ventures through Discovery, Incubation, and Investment activities, further boosted by its curious and daring entrepreneurial network, Kiilto’s professional experience, and science-backed innovation.
Kiilto is a family-owned company based in Finland, with over a hundred-year history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in the fields of construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene, and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness and commitment to the future. Our operations span 9 countries, and we employ around 800 people. In 2022, the group's net sales amounted to 260 M€. www.kiilto.com