As Communications Manager, you will co-operate actively with Kiilto’s 9 growth-oriented markets and their marketing functions with the goal of generating awareness, interest, and engagement in designated target groups. As a member of the Brand and Communications team, you will have the opportunity to work with our four business areas in a dynamic, international environment. You will focus especially on building our corporate brand across Nordic markets as well as internally amongst Kiiltonians. We will provide a unique working experience at the forefront of environmental leadership. The location of the position is in the Helsinki, Tampere, Malmö, or Stockholm metropolitan regions.
Responsibilities and duties
- Developing and maintaining PR, media, and stakeholder relations including target setting, and monitoring.
- Producing content: Writing editorial content such as articles, press releases, and short news items for different internal and external channels.
- Developing and supporting Kiiltonians’ communication capabilities and building a strong sense of community within Kiilto.
- Supporting and coordinating content production across markets and business areas.
- Managing web site content.
- Setting and implementing employer branding strategy and action plan together with HR.
- Supporting internal and external group communications as well as social media content production.
Competencies, skills, and experience
- Solid storytelling, writing, and text editing skills. Ability to distil complex issues into concise and compelling stories.
- Deep understanding of and a general interest in the field of communications: phenomena, future, and development as well as practices, tools, and techniques.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interaction skills as well as a can-do, service-oriented mindset.
- Easily approachable, enthusiastic, empathetic, naturally cultivates positive energy.
- Good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience of and interest in social media.
- Under-graduate or graduate level degree in the field of Communications, Media, Journalism, Marketing, or another relevant field.
- 4+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- Native level or corresponding English language proficiency as well as Swedish, Finnish, or other Scandinavian language proficiency.
At Kiilto you’ll be working in a compelling combination of a growing international and a down-to-earth family business. Our employees appreciate our long-term perspective, open and transparent company culture, Kiiltonian team spirit and versatile possibilities to acquire new skills and grow along with the company. We organize internal innovation programs and encourage our employees to develop their skills in our own training programmes. We are especially proud of our awarded activities to promote the wellbeing of our employees: we have been awarded twice the 'Finland's Most Active Workplace' certificate. At Kiilto, we have a non-smoking policy.
Do you want to be part of our community? Don’t hesitate to apply. The last day to apply is 6 April 2023. Please apply here and attach an introduction of yourself with a one-minute video. Also attach your salary request and CV.
For further details on the position please contact Brand and Communications Director Eeva Solja, +358505020501, on 29 March between 9.30 and 13.00 EET or on 4 April between 13.00 and 15.00 EET.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto's recruitment process and treat all contacts concerning the post with absolute confidentiality. We also ask applicants to reserve 24 and 26 April for a possible interview but please note that we might contact and meet potential candidates even during the application period.
Kiilto is a family-owned company from Finland, with over a hundred-year history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in four business areas: construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene, and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness, and commitment to the future. We operate in 9 countries and employ around 800 people. In 2021 group's net sales amounted to 261 M€. www.kiilto.com