Kiilto is a family-owned company based in Finland with over a hundred years of history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in the fields of construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness and commitment to the future. Our operations span 9 countries, and we employ around 800 people. In 2022, the group's net sales amounted to 260 M€.
We are looking for a future-driven and dynamic Managing Director to run our professional hygiene and consumer goods areas organised under KiiltoClean Group. This is a great and rare opportunity to join a thriving international enterprise. Our Promise to the Environment guides our operations and has a fundamental impact on all our actions and choices. One of our key promises is that all our operations will be carbon neutral by 2028.
As Managing Director, you are passionate about enabling growth, providing the best customer experience and delivering environmental leadership in the Nordic markets. It is vital that you are strongly committed to fulfilling our Promise. In addition, you are an inspiring leader who can foster a culture of commitment, collaboration and shared success. Our professional hygiene and consumer goods operations are headquartered in Turku, Finland. Aside from Turku, you may be based out of the Helsinki, Tampere, Malmö or Stockholm metropolitan regions or in Assens, Denmark with the possibility of weekly travel within the Nordic region. As Managing Director, you report to the Chair of the Board of the Kiilto Family Group.
- Oversee KiiltoClean Group’s business operations and profit and loss management. KiiltoClean Group, which operates in the hygiene and consumer goods areas, is active in 7 countries, employs around 370 people and had net sales of 100 M€ in 2022.
- Develop and execute an effective international growth strategy through both organic growth and acquisitions.
- Empower Kiiltonians to embrace and take ownership of Kiilto’s vision and winning aspiration.
- Lead a matrix organisation. Coordinate and integrate the efforts of individuals and teams across various functions as well as ensure effective communication, collaboration and alignment with organisational goals.
- Build and maintain excellent customer experiences through value-based sales and strengthen our corporate and product brands across markets.
- Identify new market opportunities and spearhead business expansion efforts within professional hygiene in Scandinavia.
- Monitor industry trends and competition to stay ahead of the curve.
- Build high-performing teams and foster cooperation, innovation and continuous development.
- Build an organisational culture that attracts and retains top talent.
- Act as the face of the company and ensure persuasive communication, both internally and externally.
Competencies, skills and experience
- Past experience as a Managing Director or similar leadership roles.
- Inspirational leadership style: You lead with purpose and are skilled at engaging the entire work community to achieve shared goals and a common vision.
- Excellent business acumen and proven experience in successfully leading an international matrix organisation operating in the manufacturing industry, preferably in Nordic markets. Strong experience in strategic profitability management and a thorough understanding of profit and loss statements.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and ability to establish a focus and draw conclusions. Courage to face challenges and make decisions.
- Proven record of transformational leadership and making business turnarounds to access new markets and create conditions for long-term profitable international business growth.
- Previous experience in mergers and acquisitions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to navigate multiple reporting relationships and the capacity to facilitate cross-functional cooperation and decision-making.
- Outstanding communications skills and perfect written and spoken English as well as native-level language proficiency in Finnish, Swedish or Danish.
- Energetic and fast-paced working style.
- Higher-level academic degree in economics, business management or equivalent.
At Kiilto, you will be working with a growing and international, but down-to-earth family business. Kiiltonians appreciate our long-term perspective, open and transparent company culture, the Kiiltonian team spirit and versatile opportunities to acquire new skills and grow alongside the company. We organise internal innovation programmes and encourage Kiiltonians to develop their skills through our own training programmes. We are especially proud of our award-winning activities that promote the well-being of our employees. For example, we have been awarded the 'Finland's Most Active Workplace' certificate twice.
Do you want to be part of our community? Do not hesitate to apply. The last day to apply is 27 August 2023. Please apply here and attach a self-introduction via a one-minute video to application form alongside your salary request and CV.
For further details on the position, please contact Ville Solja, Vice Chair of the Board of Kiilto Family Group, +358 50 329 5211, on 17 August between 10:00-11:00 EET or on 22 August between 14:30-15:30 EET and Jerker Gräsbeck, MPS Executive Search Consultant, +358 40 050 6185, on 16 August between 16:00-18:00 EET or on 25 August between 9.00 and 11.00 EET and Jarkko Sipiläinen, MPS Executive Search Consultant, +358 40 700 8161, on 14 August between 14:00-16:00 EET or on 24 August between 8.00 and 9.30 EET.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto’s recruitment process and treat all communications related to the posting with absolute confidentiality. We also ask that applicants reserve 8, 11 and 12 September as possible interview dates, but please note that we might contact and meet potential candidates during the application period.