Are you passionate about sustainability? Do you want to constantly discover and identify market problems and solutions that have the ability to impact some of the largest global issues we face today? Do you have a skillset that combines academic excellence with street smartness?
Built environment is responsible for nearly 40% of global GHG emissions and is one of the industries going through a huge transition towards sustainability. This poses an opportunity for impact minded people to create something bigger.
Kiilto Ventures actively looks for ways to tackle global challenges from climate change to circularity via active discovery, incubation and investing. Due to our fast growth we are looking for Interns who share our passion for sustainability and livability of the built environment and want to find and build the next impact venture(s) with us.
- Sourcing: You will continuously develop our sourcing deal-flow funnel and actively look for promising new investment targets.
- Investing: You will participate in the whole investment process, from initial founder calls to due diligence.
- Analysis: You will perform industry landscape evaluations as well as competitor research and market sizing analyses.
- Venture building: You will work with our internal venture building unit to validate and assess market problems and create impactful solutions.
- Deep dives: You will both create deep insights into chosen built environment verticals as well as develop ways to make our insight process more scalable and shareable.
- Academical: You are studying for or have an outstanding degree from a top university
- Special knowledge: You already have special knowledge on at least one of the areas of:
- Built environment / construction
- Sustainability & circularity
- Software or AI/ML development
- Material sciences
- Entrepreneurial: You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a keen interest in start-ups and technology displayed through deep knowledge and, if applicable, previous start-up work experience
- Analytical: You have a high degree of comfort with analytics, numbers and the capability to draw decisions based on both intuition and data
- Mindset: You can effectively work in an independent, structured and goal-oriented manner, while being team-oriented and ambitious
- Market & Languages: You are fluent in English. Any existing network and knowledge in the Nordics or Baltics venture capital or startup space through accelerators, university programs etc. is considered as an advantage
Length of the internship: 4-6 months
If the above resonated with you, please apply by 7 February 2024 here
In case you have questions, you can contact Head of Kiilto Ventures Matti Rönkkö (email@example.com) or Discovery Partner Christopher Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Kiilto Ventures
Kiilto Ventures is the corporate VC of Kiilto, a Finnish family-owned company aiming to be an environmental leader. Kiilto Ventures was born in 2019 to personify the same startup spirit as its parent company, which was founded over 100 years ago.
Kiilto Ventures is building and funding early-stage ventures through Discovery, Incubation, and Investment activities, further boosted by its curious and daring entrepreneurial network, Kiilto’s professional experience, and science-backed innovation.