We are looking for a Growth and Venture Capital Intern to join Kiilto Ventures.
Kiilto Ventures is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic talent to join the team as Growth & Venture Capital intern.
In this role, the successful candidate will gain hands-on with the entire VC investment process, from deal sourcing to decision-making and working with selected portfolio companies. As part of Kiilto Ventures, the Growth & Venture capital intern will be part of the internal idea generation process within the wider Kiilto organisation, aiming to develop internal ventures, and will be part of the process from discovery to potential incubation.
If this sounds like you, and you have hands-on entrepreneurial experience, keep reading!
In the past few years, Kiilto has piloted creating innovative solutions and ventures that deviate from its core business and engage in startup investment activities through Kiilto Ventures. One fundamental way to achieve long-term market leadership, and animate the innovativeness and entrepreneurial spirit, is to systematically develop and invest in new solutions and ventures that will spearhead Kiilto's future strategy and mission. This is why Kiilto is now looking for top talent to the Ventures unit.
Your main responsibilities
- Sourcing: You will continuously develop our sourcing funnel and actively look for promising new investment targets within the Sustainable Built Environment space
- Investing: You will participate in the entire investment process, from initial founder calls to due diligence and beyond
- Analysis: You will perform industry landscape evaluations as well as competitor research and market sizing analyses
- Portfolio support: You will support our current portfolio companies in various disciplines to help them become the category leaders of tomorrow
- Academic: You are studying for or have an outstanding degree from a top university
- Professional: You have previous work or internship experience from a start-up, top-tier consulting firm, investment bank or venture capital fund
- Entrepreneurial: You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a keen interest in start-ups
- Analytical: You are an expert with analytics, numbers and are capable of drawing decisions based on both intuition and data
- Mindset: You can effectively work in an independent, structured and goal-oriented manner, while being team-oriented and ambitious
- Market & Languages: You are fluent in English. Any existing network and knowledge that you have of the Nordics or Baltics venture capital or startup space through accelerators, university programs etc. is considered an advantage
The length of the internship is 4-6 months and we would like you to start as soon as possible. Preferred location is Helsinki but potential hybrid role from other Kiilto business locations can be discussed.
In addition, we provide the following benefits:
- The possibility of hybrid work.
- A rare combination of stability and great growth: Kiilto has been awarded for its long-term success and growth in Kauppalehti's Success-list. Kiilto’s achievement of being included among both the 10-year Enduring Achiever and Growth companies is extremely rare: well under one percent of Finnish limited liability companies reach both.
- Thanks to our low, agile organisational structure, you have a genuine opportunity to innovate and develop operations and create initiatives.
- We take wellbeing seriously! We are the most active workplace in Finland, offering a wide range of opportunities to maintain your well-being through break-up sessions, fitness testing, hobbies, and supported sport events.
- We also offer our employees for example extensive occupational health care, e-pass, care services if your child is ill, occupational physiotherapy services, lunch benefits, and bicycle benefit or shared electricity bikes.
If you got this far, continue reading for just a bit more
The last day to apply is 28 May 2023. Please attach an introduction of yourself with a one-minute video. Also attach your salary request and CV.
For further information about the position, please contact Head of Ventures Matti Rönkkö at +358 40 6280 999. Please call 23 May at 16 – 19 EET.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto’s recruitment process and treat all contacts concerning the post with absolute confidentiality. We will interview candidates throughout the application period so why not apply today!
About Kiilto Ventures
Kiilto Ventures is the VC arm of Kiilto, a Finnish family-owned company aiming to be an environmental leader in its field of business. Kiilto Ventures was born in 2019 to personify the same startup spirit as its parent company, which was founded over 100 years ago.
Kiilto Ventures is building and funding early-stage ventures through Discovery, Incubation, and Investment activities, further boosted by its curious and daring entrepreneurial network, Kiilto’s professional experience, and science-backed innovation.
Kiilto is a family-owned company from Finland, with over a hundred-year history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in four business areas: construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene, and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness, and commitment to the future. We operate in 10 countries and employ around 800 people. In 2021 group's net sales amounted to 261 M€. www.kiilto.com