We have been shaping the future since 1919. Now it could be your turn: we are looking for a Service Designer who is not afraid to start developing something new, since this is a brand new position also to all of us at Kiilto. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing and increasingly international group! The position will be shared between Construction and Industrial Adhesives and Fireproofing business areas, and you will be involved in several project teams and taking the lead of design work of new Kiilto solutions benefitting customers. In this position, you will play an important role in the Kiilto community by further developing our services, offering and competences.
You will fit into the Kiilto community if you are an outgoing person and tick some of the following boxes
- Service design education – You have an education related to service design that provides you with expertise in service design methods and approaches and enables you to develop new solutions from ideas all the way to implementation and when necessary, also lead the design and development work projects.
- Experience in development and implementation of services – To thrive in this role, you have experience in concrete development and implementation of services, as well as customer engagement or consultancy. However, we are not that strict with the number of years of experience. No substance knowledge regarding the business area is needed, but you’re a pro with different tools of service design and understand the concepts of product management.
- Business-oriented approach – You are open-hearted and have a business-oriented mind that will give you the ability to contribute to the business analyses in early stages of the solution development process, e.g. building a market study and business case.
- If words like open, positive, and trustworthy describe you as a person – you’re definitely one of us! You are also a systematic person with a strong ability to succeed as a part of a team
- People skills – You are good with people, and you have the ability to engage project customers through different methods and facilitate solution development projects together with Kiilto’s team of experts.
- Language skills – You are fluent in English and Finnish, since you will be working as a part of both local and global teams.
- Environmental glasses – Our aim is to be the forerunner in our field of business when it comes to environmental matters – that is why we would love for you to look at things from an environmental perspective.
Imagine a day in the life of a Service Designer at Kiilto
At our start-up-oriented community with an open and encouraging atmosphere, you will start your morning by grabbing a coffee and chatting with your colleagues who are kind and caring but also curious and eager to experiment. They’re extremely eager to learn, so they might be interested in hearing everything about your design work as well as your last weekend and what you’re up to next. You check your e-mails and are happy to notice that a couple of new solution concept ideas have arrived from your Solutions Ambassador network – you book meetings with the senders to agree about producing project material about their initiatives.
As you will be working with Kiilto's sales & product management teams, your next important tasks include innovating, launching, and developing new solutions with projects related to the CON and IND business areas. Because you’re a creative team player, you get excited when you hear there is a big new development project coming, and you’ll be in charge of designing the best solutions for the customer. You know you will perform well in this project, since you always get the big picture, understand the beauty of offering the customers more than they expect.
After lunch with your colleagues, you will slow down during a meeting-free zone, comfortably planning the best tools and methods for the upcoming project. You also use some time for preparing workshop material about service design to open a new way of thinking to a group of interested colleagues from Kiilto’s international companies. Later, you will enjoy chatting with a group of customers on an online meeting aiming at gaining their valuable opinions about the prototype you have created for an on-going solution project. Before finishing the day, you still have time for a short meeting with marketing to glance through launching material for next month’s upcoming solution launch.
A workplace that cares
We are a family-like community with over 1,000 professionals of different backgrounds in 11 countries. Our work atmosphere is easy-going, positive, and we also genuinely care about the well-being of our employees. As proof of this, we have received multiple awards as the most active workplace in Finland. This may be the reason why so many stay with us for years and years.
In addition, we care about you by providing the following:
- Possibility to hybrid work (working both online and physically at the office) and internal meeting-free zones (offline hours during the day).
- A rare combination of stability and great growth: Kiilto has been awarded for its long-term success and growth in Kauppalehti's Success-list. Kiilto’s achievement of being included among both the 10-year Enduring Achiever and Growth companies is extremely rare: well under one percent of Finnish limited liability companies reach both.
- Thanks to our low, agile organisational structure, you have a genuine opportunity to innovate and develop operations and create initiatives!
- We take well-being seriously! We are the most active workplace in Finland, offering a wide range of opportunities to maintain your well-being through break-up sessions, fitness testing, hobbies, and supported sport events.
- Access to target bonus, incentive fund, and initiative bonus.
- You have great opportunities to further train yourself within the company. We offer you internal training programmes and education.
- On top of these, we offer our employees for example extensive occupational health care, e-pass, care services if your child is ill, occupational physiotherapy services, lunch benefits, and bicycle benefit or shared electricity bikes.
In case you got this far, continue reading for just a bit more
Do you want to be part of our community in Lempäälä? Don’t hesitate to apply here. The last day to apply is 30 January 2022. For further information about the position, please turn to Head of CX Projects Katja Suuriniemi at +358408673873.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto's recruitment process and treat all contacts concerning the post with absolute confidentiality. We will send video interview questions to selected applicants.The selected candidate will need to pass a health check, which includes drug testing.
Kiilto Oy is part of Kiilto, a growing family-owned Finnish company with a hundred-year history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in four business areas: construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene, and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness, and commitment to the future. Group’s net sales in 2020 amounted to EUR 294 million. www.kiilto.com