Kiilto has been shaping the future since 1919, and this is your chance to be part of it. We are looking for a Brand Manager, Personal Hygiene to join our rapidly growing and increasingly international company. As Brand Manager, you will be responsible for personal hygiene category within the Consumer business area. Our ideal candidate is someone who has good visionary skills and who is willing to grow as a professional and currently searching for their next growth opportunity in the world of brand building.
In this role, your main responsibility is to develop consumer brand and product portfolio, sales and market share of personal hygiene category in FMCG channels. Your role is to create and execute the brand strategy, optimise current portfolio, drive future growth through active NPD pipeline and lead our brand and portfolio development to the next level. You ensure the profitability of product portfolio as well as planning and implementing marketing activities within your own area of responsibility. As a brand manager you have the possibility to heavily influence on the future direction of the brands, but we are expecting you to be able to create and implement new long-term strategic plans for personal hygiene category including product, packaging and marketing concepts. You are responsible for your own sales and cost budgets.
You will also take part in the general business development of the business unit, together with other teams. You will be part of an international marketing team and work closely with our internal sales team and other internal stakeholders. You will also be supported by the brand team, which includes the Head of Marketing and Brand Managers from each of our other categories. The location of this job is Helsinki, but the work also requires regular travel to other parts of Finland. You will report to the Head of Marketing, Consumer Goods.
You will be a perfect fit for the Kiilto community if you have most of the following strengths:
- Portfolio and project management – You have at least three years of previous experience of creating and developing a profitable product portfolio and leading successfully new product development projects, preferably in brand owner company in consumer goods industry.
- Experience in the FMCG industry – You have previous experience within the fast-moving consumer goods industry, working in the role of a product or brand manager.
- Brand building and B2C marketing – You have previous experience in building and developing a consumer brand in Finland or abroad. You also have experience of co-operating with advertising, PR and media agencies.
- Analytical and systematic approach – You know how to lead your area of responsibility through numbers and analytics.
- Customer-oriented mindset – You are here for our customers, and your goal is to ensure we reach our company target of providing the best customer experience in the industry.
- Collaboration and relationship building – We work as a team, supporting each other, and we always win or fail together. You will be driving your area of responsibility forward very independently, but also seamlessly, as part of our extensive internal team, including Sales, Marketing, RDI and Supply Chain.
- A can-do attitude – You have an open mind and are willing to give new ideas a fair chance, and you are eager to learn from every attempt at innovation regardless of how well it succeeds.
- Negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills – You have the skills of a visionary, ensuring a long-lasting brand strategy and long-term growth. You are also able to influence internally to get the best out of the organisation to support your commercial goals. You don’t get tired of searching for solutions when facing problems.
- ICT skills – You have an excellent command of Excel and PowerPoint, and you are able to produce presentations and analyses independently.
- Language skills – You are fluent in Finnish and English.
- Education – You have a commercial degree or a degree in another relevant field (Bachelor’s or Master's level).
Imagine a typical day as Brand Manager, Personal Hygiene, at Kiilto
It is Monday morning, and you decided to skip the remote working idea because of the team weekly at 10 am, which is a fun gathering with the whole team where we enjoy sharing all our news from the weekend. In this meeting, you can also 'walk through' your ongoing tasks and get all the support and sparring you need from your team-mates. Sharing best practices is one of our biggest strengths, we never leave team-mate alone. For the rest of the day, you decide to prepare retail sales analyses of the personal hygiene category for the Sales and marketing management team meeting that is taking place on Friday. At the end of the day, you get a call from our RDI Manager, who has great news for you about your next product development project. Your RDI team from Denmark has been able to create totally new innovative formulation to your next coming product line.
The next day, you decide to work remotely, because your NPD projects need your attention, and you need to focus on keeping your timetable rolling. You have a meeting with your project team, and you can share with them your great news about the project that you heard from the RDI Manager the day before. A new launch will be taking place as planned in February 2023. You also have a one-hour 1-to-1 meeting with your supervisor, where you consider how to proceed with the next coming projects and make sure you will have all the possible support you need to be able to succeed.
The content of the days varies, and you can decide how you reach the targets. In addition, the decision to work at the office or remotely from home is for you to make, although we strive to create a community where people naturally favour office work and enjoy the feeling of working together.
A workplace that cares
We are a family-like community with over 900 professionals of different backgrounds in 10 countries. Our work atmosphere is easy-going, positive, and we also genuinely care about the well-being of our employees. As proof of this, we have received multiple awards as the most active workplace in Finland.
In addition, we care about you by providing the following:
- Possibility of hybrid work and daily internal meeting-free zones.
- A rare combination of stability and great growth: Kiilto has been awarded for its long-term success and growth in Kauppalehti's Success-list. Kiilto’s achievement of being included among both the 10-year Enduring Achiever and Growth companies is extremely rare: well under one percent of Finnish limited liability companies reach both.
- Thanks to our low, agile organizational structure, you have a genuine opportunity to innovate and develop operations and create initiatives.
- We take well-being seriously! We are the most active workplace in Finland, offering a wide range of opportunities to maintain your well-being through break-up sessions, fitness testing, hobbies, and supported sport events.
- Access to target bonus, incentive fund, and initiative bonus.
- You have great opportunities to further train yourself within the company. We offer you internal training programmes and education.
- On top of these, we offer our employees for example extensive occupational health care, e-pass, care services if your child is ill, occupational physiotherapy services, lunch benefits, and bicycle benefit or shared electricity bikes.
In case you got this far, continue reading for just a bit more
Do you want to be part of our community? Please apply here. The last day to apply is 11 December 2022. Please attach an introduction of yourself with a one-minute video. Also attach your salary request and CV.
For further details on the position, please call Head of Marketing Kaisa Tuppura, +358 45 6325933, either on 8 December between 10-11 (EET) or on 9 December between 9 – 10 (EET).
We operate in compliance with Kiilto's recruitment process and treat all contacts concerning the post with absolute confidentiality. We ask applicants to reserve 19 or 20 December 2022 for a possible job interview. The selected candidate will need to pass a health check, which includes drug testing.
KiiltoClean Oy is part of Kiilto, a family-owned company from Finland, with over a hundred-year history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in four business areas: construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene, and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness, and commitment to the future. We operate in 10 countries and employ around 900 people. In 2021 group's net sales amounted to 261 M€. www.kiilto.com