We’ve been creating the future ever since 1919. At Kiilto, we invest in the future by ambitiously developing the sustainability of our operations, encouraging innovation, and taking care of the wellbeing of Kiiltonians. We are committed to fulfilling Our Promise to the Environment, motivated by the genuine opportunity to make a difference both as individuals and together, resulting in creating lasting success stories for our customers. We welcome you to join us on our journey towards our destination, the year 2080!
We are looking for a
Brand and Communications Intern
As an intern you will work closely with the Brand and Communications Director, Communications Managers as well as the Creative Director, who actively co-operate with Kiilto’s 11 growth-oriented markets and their marketing teams with the goal of generating awareness, interest, and engagement in designated target groups. You will have the opportunity to learn about our four business areas in a dynamic, international environment. You will focus especially on building our corporate brand in Scandinavia. We will provide guidance and support, as well as a unique work experience at the fore-front of environmental leadership. The length of the internship is one year from August 2021 onwards. The location of the position is in the Helsinki, Tampere, or Stockholm metropolitan regions.
Responsibilities and duties
- Writing editorial content such as articles, press releases, blog posts, and short news items in English for different internal and external channels.
- Participating in ongoing content production processes by creating content for designated global external and internal channels such as social media.
- Editing texts.
- Identifying innovate ways to build brand awareness in Scandinavian markets.
- Independent execution of possible other designated tasks as well as assisting in other operational activities.
Competencies, skills, and experience
- Native level or corresponding English language proficiency.
- Solid storytelling, writing, and text editing skills. Ability to distil complex issues into concise and compelling stories.
- Enrolment in an under-graduate or graduate-level degree programme in the field of Communications, Media, Journalism, or Marketing.
- Basic understanding of and a general interest in the field of communications: phenomena, future, and development.
- Experience of and interest in social media. Experience of social media marketing is an advantage.
- Excellent cooperation and interaction skills as well as a can-do, service-oriented mindset.
- Good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Swedish, Finnish, or other Scandinavian language proficiency is an advantage.
At Kiilto you’ll be working in a compelling combination of a growing international and a down-to-earth family business. Our employees appreciate our long-term perspective, open and transparent company culture, Kiiltonian team spirit and versatile possibilities to acquire new skills and grow along with the company. We organize internal innovation programs and encourage our employees to develop their skills in our own training programmes. We are especially proud of our awarded activities to promote the wellbeing of our employees: we have been awarded twice the 'Finland's Most Active Workplace' certificate. At Kiilto, we have a non-smoking policy.
For further details on the position please call Brand and Communications Director Eeva Solja, +358505020501, on 10 May between 15.30 and 16.30 CET/16.30 and 17.30 EET or on 17 May between 13.30 and 15.30 CET/14.30 and 16.30 EET.
Please submit your application with a salary request and CV no later than 20 May 2021 here.
We operate in compliance with Kiilto's recruitment process and will treat all contacts concerning the post with absolute confidentiality. We will send video interview questions to selected applicants. We also ask applicants to reserve 10 or 11 June 2021 for a possible job interview.
Kiilto is a growing family-owned company from Finland, with a hundred-year history and a vision looking ahead to 2080. We develop, produce and market chemical industry solutions in four business areas: construction, industrial adhesives and fireproofing, professional hygiene, and consumer goods. The key principles underlying our operations are environmental leadership, closeness, and commitment to the future. We operate in 11 countries and employ nearly 1000 people. In 2020 group's net sales amounted to 294 M€.