Measured cleanliness for textile washing hygiene through self-monitoring service
The service provides information about the success of the washing process, producing safe cleanliness.
Hygienic textile washing
In textile washing, heat disinfection occurs without chemicals when a temperature of at least 70 ˚C is maintained for 10 minutes. At lower temperatures, a laundry chemical is also required to reduce the amount of microbes.
However, not all washing machine cycles achieve the required temperature. The actual temperature of wash cycles can only be guaranteed with machines which are temperature calibrated on an annual basis.
A self-monitoring service for textile washing hygiene helps ensure the microbiological cleanliness of laundry. The service provides information about the success of the washing process, producing safe cleanliness. The service is particularly recommended for machines whose washing temperature cannot be verified or controlled during the washing process.
Kiilto provides an easy and effortless way to verify the functioning of the washing process.
Steps of the self-monitoring service:
- We mail you a sample strip and sample form.
- Put the strip in with laundry and wash using the desired wash cycle.
- Fill in the information on the sample form.
- Mail the sample form and the washed sample strip to Kiilto's laboratory in the pre-addressed envelope.
- We will send a laboratory statement by e-mail within 10 days of receiving the sample.
Please contact our Cleanliness and Hygiene Specialists for more information about the service and its schedule. You can also place orders through them.
Learn more about the self-monitoring service: