When developing products, we continuously seek raw materials and forms of packaging that are kinder to the environment. We also investigate opportunities for using recycled raw materials that are by-products of other industries. By growing sales of our environmentally and safety-classified products, we are improving occupational and customer safety in our own working environment and customers' premises.
In production, we invest in environmentally friendly technology, as well as clean and energy-saving production processes.
By improving our energy and material efficiency, we are playing our part in combating climate change and promoting sustainable development. We promote the circular economy and use bio-based raw materials to decrease our use of non-renewable natural resources, while reducing our carbon footprint by lowering waste amounts and using our production side-streams.
Our Promise to the Environment:
Green energy: By 2028, all company operations are carbon neutral.
- In 2019, Kiilto will participate in environmental projects aimed at adding carbon sinks (e.g. planting forests in nearby areas).
- By 2025, we will reduce our energy consumption per tonne produced by 20% from the level in 2010.
- By 2028, we will only use energy that is fully renewable.
- Our logistics and business travel will be carbon neutral by 2028.
Green packaging and logistics: A positive environmental impact is the foundation of our packaging solutions.
Green services: We provide the best circular economy solutions in our industry.
- By 2020, all Kiilto trainings will have contents on sustainable development and environment. We train 20,000 people per year in Finland.
- All of our customer meetings in 2020 will include the discussion of environmental issues.
- All Kiilto personnel will receive environmental training in 2020.
- We will reduce our customers' use of materials. From 2023 onwards, our target is 200,000 kg per year.
Green material choices: We are the leading circular economy company of our industry.
- Towards zero waste. We will halve our amount of waste by 2022.
- Circulating materials. We will double the share of renewable and circular raw materials by 2022.